Radish ( sliced) - 2 nos
Shallots ( chopped) - 7 nos or Onion medium ( chopped) - 1/2 no
Tomato small ( chopped) - 1 no
Curry leaves - few
Tamarind paste - 1 tsp mixed with 1/4 cup water
Toor dal cooked - 1/2 cup
Fresh coconut finely grated - 1/4 cup
Red chilli powder - 3/4 to 1 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/4 t
Salt to taste
Oil - 2 tsp
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
Fenugreek seeds - pinch
Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
Water - 1 cup
1. Heat oil in a deep pan, when hot add mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds and cumin seeds, when they starts splutter add chopped onion and curry leaves, sauté until onions are transparent.
2. Add sliced radish to the pan and sauté for a minute.
3. Add chopped tomatoes to the pan and cook until tomatoes are soft.
4. Next add red chilli powder, turmeric powder and tamarind water to the pan, mix well and add 1 cup water to the pan.
5. Bring to boil and season with required salt, cover the pan with lid and boil until radish is cooked.
6. Now add the cooked toor dal to the pan and stir well, check consistency of sambar.
7. Add the grated coconut to sambar, mix well and let it boil for a minute or two minutes.
Serve hot Coconut Sambar with
Sounds good..vl try asap...
U mentioned horseradish but recipe has radhish plz what is difference
I used horseradish. I think you are mentioning about Fodder radish. Both can be used for this sambar recipe.
Post a Comment