|Chettinad Chicken Roast|
Chicken drumsticks - 6 pieces ( or chicken pieces with bone 3/4 kg)
Ginger and garlic paste - 2 tbsp
Red chilli powder - 1.5 tsp (+/-)
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Cumin powder - 1/4 tsp
Fennel / Sombu powder - 1/2 tsp
Oil - 4 tbsp
Salt to taste
Curry leaves - few
Water - 1/2 cup
1. Marinade chicken drumsticks with ginger and garlic paste, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder and fennel powder for at least 10 mins.
2. Heat oil in a pan add chicken pieces and curry leaves, fry for 2 mins until chicken pieces turn brown.
3. Now add 1/2 cup water and required salt to the chicken in the pan, stir and mix well.
4. Cover the pan with tight lid, reduce pan heat and simmer chicken for 15 mins or until chicken is fully cooked and tender.
5. Once chicken is cooked, remove lid, increase pan heat and fry until chicken is dry and roasted.
Serve hot with
Chettinad chicken biryani
Or with Steamed rice and
|Nattu Kozhi Roast|