Finely ground rice flour - 1 cup
Palm sugar ( karupatti ) - 1 and 1/2 cups
Water - 1 and 1/4 cup
Ghee or oil - required
Cardamom powder - 1/4 tsp
Dry ginger powder - 1/4 tsp ( optional)
1. Boil water in thick bottomed pan, crush the palm sugar to powder and add to boiling water.
2. Stir well until palm sugar is dissolved in water and water turns slightly sticky, strain the palm sugar water through a strainer to remove scums.
3. Add cardamom powder and dry ginger powder to the strained palm sugar water, mix well.
4. Add this prepared palm sugar water to rice flour and knead to soft dough( add water if required)
5. Divide dough to equal portions and flatten dough on greased plastic sheet with fingers.
6. Heat ghee on a tawa or pan and place the flattened adai dough on tawa and cook until both sides are golden brown on low heat.
It's optional to add chopped coconut pieces, cashew nuts etc to the dough.
Post a Comment