Kovakkai / Tindora - 250 gms
Onion small chopped - 1/2 no
Green chilli slit - 2 nos
Salt to taste
Oil - 2 tsp
Fresh grated coconut - 1/4 cup
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
Whole dry chillies - 2 nos
Urad dal whole - 1 tsp
Curry leaves - few
|Chettinad Tindora Fry|
1. Chop the tindora as desired.
2. Heat oil in a pan, when oil is hot add mustard seeds and drier red chilles, allow the mustard seeds to splutter. Add urad dal and curry leaves, sauté until urad dal is golden brown.
3. Add chopped onion and green chilles to pan, sauté until onions are soft.
4. Add the chopped tindora to the pan and sauté well for a minute.
5. Season with salt and sprinkle required water to pan.
6. Stir well, cover pan with tight lid and simmer until tindora is cooked.
7. When the water is fully absorbed by the vegetable and semi dry, sprinkle fresh coconut to the tindora and give good toss.
Serve hot kovakkai poriyal with