Cabbage chopped - 500 gms
Onion small chopped - 1 no( optional)
Green chilli broken into half - 2 to 3 nos
Curry leaves - few
Salt to taste
Oil - 2 tbsp
Fresh grated coconut - 1/2 cup
Mustard seeds - 1/4 tsp
Urad dal - 1/4 tsp
1. Heat oil in a pan when hot add mustard seeds, when splutters add urad dal and fry till browned.
2. Add chopped onion, cabbage, green chilli and curry leaves to the pan, stir fry for a minute.
3. Add 1/4 cup water and required salt to the cabbage. Sauté for min.
4. Cover the pan, simmer on low heat and cook cabbage until tender.
5. Once cabbage is cooked, remove pan lid, add grated coconut to cabbage and stir fry until dry.
Serve hot with
Vatha Kuzhambu etc