|Chettinad Dal Recipes|
Toor dal / Thuvaram paruppu - 1/2 cup
Water - 1 and 1/2 cup
Garlic cloves crushed - 2 nos
Curry leaves - few
Red chilli broken - 2 nos
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Asafetida - pinch
Ghee - 2 tbsp
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
1. Wash the toor dal, pressure cook with 1 cup water and turmeric until tender for 12 mins.
2. When the dal is cooked mash it with dal masher or potato masher, add required salt and if required dilute with some more water.
3. Heat ghee in a small pan, add mustard seeds and allow to crackle.
4. Next add crushed garlic, broken red chill, curry leaves and asafetida to the pan.
5. Immediately transfer this tempering to the mashed dal, mix well.
Serve hot with