|Chettinad Eral Kuzhambu|
Prawn - 250 gms
Shallots - 20 nos or Onion - 1 no
Tomato - 1 no
Garlic cloves - 4 no
Curry leaves - few
Red chilly powder - 1 and 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Coriander powder - 3 tsp
Cumin powder - 1/2 tsp
Pepper powder - 1/2 tsp
Gingely oil - 4 tbsp
Tamarind extract - 1/4 cup
Water - 1 cup
Salt to taste
1. Peel the prawns, devein and clean.
2. Coarsely chop shallots, garlic, curry leaves and tomatoes.
3. Heat oil in kadai, add chopped onion, curry leaves and garlic, sauté for 2 mins.
4. Add cleaned prawns to the kadai and stir fry for a minute.
5. Add chopped tomatoes, red chilly powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder and pepper powder to the kadai and stir fry on low heat until tomatoes are cooked.
6. Next add tamarind extract, required salt and cup of water to kadai.
7. Bring the gravy to boil and simmer covered for 5 to 6 mins until the gravy thickens and oil floats on top of curry.
Serve hot Eral Kuzhambu with
Fish fry etc.
|Chettinad Prawn Curry|