|Meal maker Puttu|
Soya chunks / Meal maker chunks - 20 nos
Onion medium chopped - 1 no
Curry leaves chopped - few
Green chilli broken into half - 2 nos
Oil - 4 tsp
Fennel seeds - 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Masala to grind
Grated coconut - 4 tbsp
Cinnamon stick - 1"
Cardamom - 1 no
Cloves - 2 nos
Fennel seeds - 2 tsp
Ginger and Garlic paste - 2 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Red chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
|Soya Chunks Puttu|
1. Soak soya chunks in boiling salted water and let it stand for 2 mins.
2. Drain soya chunks, squeeze excess water. Mince soya chunks finely with knife or run it once in mixer grinder( do not grind more than 2 seconds as they may become paste).
3. Grind the masala given under "masala to grind" to smooth paste adding a tsp water.
4. Heat oil in a pan, add fennel seeds, chopped onion, green chilli and curry leaves. Sauté for a minute.
5. Add ground masala paste, required salt to the pan and stir fry on low heat for few mins.
6. Add minced soya chunks to the pan and stir fry well until the masala is well mixed to soya mince.
7. Keep stirring constantly so it doesn't burn and fry until dry.
Serve hot with
1. If soya granules are available use instead of soya chunks.
2. If preferred add 2 beaten eggs whisked with salt and pepper at the end when the soya chunks is dry n cooked and stir fry until eggs are scrambled.
Nice recipe . Yet to try :)
Post a Comment