|Chettinad Chicken Chops|
Chicken wings or lollipops - 8 nos
Ginger and garlic paste - 2 tsp + 1 tsp
Chilli powder - 2 tsp + 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Coriander powder - 2 tsp
Sombu / Fennel powder - 1 tsp
Lemon juice - 1 tsp
Salt - 1 tsp + 1/4 tsp
Maida - 2 tbsp
Rice flour - 2 tbsp
Egg - 1 no
Food color - pinch
Oil to deep fry
|Chicken Chops Chettinad Style|
1. Clean and wash chicken lollipops.
2. Marinate chicken lollipops with ginger garlic paste, 2 tsp red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, sombu powder, lemon juice and 1 tsp salt.
3. Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan, add the marinated chicken pieces along with masala to the pan, stir fry for few minutes on high heat.
4. Sprinkle few tbsp water to the chicken pieces, cover pan with lid and cook chicken pieces on medium heat for 5 mins.
5. Increase the heat and stir fry chicken pieces until dry.
6. Allow chicken pieces to cool at room temperature for 10 mins.
7. Meanwhile in a bowl whisk maida, rice flour, egg, 1 tsp ginger garlic paste, 1/2 tsp chilli powder, 1/4 tsp salt, few pinch of food color and 1 tsp water, until smooth batter is formed.
8. Heat oil in a pan to deep fry, dip the cooled chicken lollipops in the egg batter and deep fry in hot oil till golden brown.
9. Drain fried chicken chops on to a paper towel and garnish with fried curry leaves.
Serve as an appetizer or sidedish to steamed rice, sambar and rasam.