|Chettinad Beans Masala|
Green beans chopped - 1 cup
Onion small chopped - 1 no
Garlic cloves sliced - 2 nos
Tomato small chopped - 1 no
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Red chilli powder - 1 and 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder - 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
Oil - 3 tbsp
Water - 1 cup
Curry and coriander leaves to garnish
Coconut Masala paste
Grind both coconut and fennel seeds to smooth paste.
Grated coconut - 1/4 cup
Fennel seeds ( Sombu) - 1 tsp
1. Heat oil in a pan, add chopped onion, garlic and tomatoes, saute for a minute.
2. Add the chopped beans to pan and stir fruit for a minute.
3. Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder ,salt and cup of water to the beans.
4. Bring the gravy to boil, cover pan with lid and simmer for 5 mins.
5. After 5 mins add ground coconut paste to beans gravy and simmer for another 2 mins until gravy slightly thickens.
6. Garnish beans kuzhambu with curry and coriander leaves.
Serve hot with steamed rice and poriyal.