|Cauliflower Milagu Pirattal|
Cauliflower small - 1 no
Onion small chopped - 1 no
Garlic cloves minced - 2 nos
Bay leaf - 2 nos (optional)
Star anise- 1 no (optional)
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Salt to taste
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
Oil - 4 tbsp
Pepper masala powder
Roast and grind below ingredients coarsely.
Whole red chilly - 4 nos
Black pepper corns - 1 tsp
Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
Sombu / Fennel seeds - 1/2 tsp
Cinnamon stick - 1"
Dried coconut / Kopparai thengai chopped - few tbsp (optional)
|Cauliflower Melagu Peratu Recipe|
1. Separate cauliflower into tiny florets, boil in salted water until tender, drain and set aside.
2. Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds and allow to crackle.
3. Add chopped onion, bay leaf, star anise and garlic cloves, saute for few minutes.
4. Add the drained cauliflower florets to the pan.
5. Add the coarsely ground pepper Masala powder, turmeric powder and salt to the cauliflower and toss well.
6. When the cauliflower is dry and well coated with masala powder remove from heat and garnish with curry leaves.
Serve cauliflower milagu peratu with steamed rice, sambar and rasam.
|Cauliflower pepper fry recipe|