Avarakkai / Broad beans chopped - 250 gms
Onion small sliced - 1/2 no
Green chilli slit - 3 to 4 nos
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Salt to taste
Grated coconut - 1/4 cup
Moongdal - 1 tsp ( optional)
Channa dal - 1 tsp ( optional)
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
Urad dal - 1 tsp
Hing - pinch
Oil - 2 tbsp
Curry leaves few
|Chettinad Poriyal recipe|
1. Soak both Moongdal and Channa dal in a cup of hot water for 30 mins, drain the dals and set aside.
2. Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, urad dal, hing and curry leaves, allow to crackle.
3. Add sliced onion, green chilli and chopped broad beans, stir fry for few minutes.
4. Add drained dals, turmeric powder, salt and little water to the pan.
5. Cover pan with lid and cook broad beans on medium heat for 5 mins.
6. When the water has been absorbed and broad beans are cooked and dry, add the grated coconut to broad beans and stir fry for few seconds.
Serve hot Avarakai poriyal with steamed rice, Vatha Kuzhambu and Rasam
|Broad Beans Stir fry|