Karamani / Long Beans – 2 bunches
Onion sliced – ½ number
Curry leaves – few
Green chilli cut into half – 4 numbers
Freshly grated coconut – 2 tbsp
Salt to taste
Oil – 1 tbsp
Mustard seeds – less than ¼ tsp
Urad dal – less than ¼ tsp
1. Chop the karamani as required.
2. Heat oil in a pan, when hot add mustard seeds and urad dal, allow to splutter.
3. Add sliced onions, curry leaves and green chilies to the pan and fry for few seconds.
4. Next add chopped karamani to the pan and stir fry for an minute.
5. Season with salt and add little water to the karamani, stir well, cover with lid and cook for few minutes until karamani is tender and poriyal is dry.
6. Finally add grated coconut to the karamani and stir well.
7. Serve hot Karamani Poriyal with Steamed Rice, Karakuzhambu, Rasam and Applam.
|Long bean stir fry|
I use dried red chillies instead of green and chop karamani much smaller chef. But this is exactly my mom cooks. Thank you
Post a Comment