|Chettinad Paneer Milagu Kuzhambu|
Fresh paneer - 250 gms
Shallots / small onions - 10 nos
Garlic minced - 2 nos
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
Methi seeds / Vendhayam - pinch
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil - 2 tbsp
Masala to grind
( grind below ingredients to fine paste)
White pepper corns - 2 tsp
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Garlic - 1 no
Grated coconut - 1/4 cup
Cashewnuts - 6 nos
|Chettinad Paneer Pepper Curry|
1. Shallow fry the paneer cubes in hot oil, drain and set aside.
2. Heat oil in a pan add mustard seeds and methi seeds, when they crackle add onion and garlic, saute for 2 mins.
3. Add ground masala paste to the pan and saute for 3 mins on medium heat.
4. Add turmeric powder, required salt and water to the pan and bring gravy to boil.
5. Add the fried paneer cubes to gravy and cook gravy on low heat for few mins until slightly thickens.
Garnish with curry and coriander leaves and serve.