|Iyer Rava Kichadi Recipe|
Rava ( roasted) - 1 cup
Moongdal - 1/4 cup
Onion ( small) - 1 no
Tomato ( small) - 1 no
Green chillies - 2 to 3 nos
Chopped carrot and peas - 1/4 cup
Turmeric - 1/4 tsp
Curry leaves - few
Mustard seeds - 1/4 tsp
Urad dal - 1/2 tsp
Channa dal - 1/2 tsp
Ghee or Oil - 3 tbsp + 1 tsp
Water - 2 and 1/2 cups
Salt to taste
|Rava Kichadi Recipe|
1. Roast rava in 1 tsp ghee until aroma rises, remove to a plate and set aside.
2. Soak moong dal in warm water for atleast 1 hour.
3. Coarsely chop onion, tomatoes and cut chillies into half.
4. Heat ghee in a pan, when ghee melts add mustard seeds, as the mustrad seeds crackle add urad dal and channa dal, stir fry for 2 seconds.
5. Add the chopped onion, green chillies, tomatoes and vegetables and turmeric to the pan and saute for a minute.
6. Add water to the pan, when water starts boiling add the soaked and drained moong dal to boiling water.
7. Cover and cook on low heat until moong dal is soft( when u pinch a dal between thumb and index finger it should get smashed).
8. Season water with salt and again bring the moongdal mixture to boil, slowly add roasted rava to the pan and keep stirring constantly so no lumps are formed,
9. Cook for sometime until rava is cooked.
Serve hot rava kitchadi immediately with
Coconut Chuteny----click for recipe.
1.Instead of soaking moongdal for a hour you can pressure cook moongdal for 3 whistles and add the cooked dal after adding water to vegetables in the pan, in this case you have reduce water to 2 cups.
2.Its optional to add veggies, you can add fried cashewnuts to kichadi to make it rich.
Keep looking for my post about chettinad style rava kichadi.
Post a Comment