|Kadala Maavu Chutney|
Kadalai maavu / Chickpea flour / Besan - 1/4 cup
Onion medium sized sliced - 1 no
Ginger minced - 1" piece
Green chilli broken into half - 3 nos
Tomato small sized chopped - 1 no
Curry leaves - few
Coriander leaves chopped - 1/4 cup
Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Fennel seeds / Sombu - 1/2 tsp
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
Urad dal - 1 tsp
Channa dal / Gramdal - 1 tsp
Oil - 4 tbsp
Water - 1 cup
Salt to taste
1. Mix Kadalai maavu, red chilli powder and turmeric powder with 1/4 cup water, mix well everything until smooth and lump free.
2. Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds and fennel seeds, when mustard splutters add urad dal and channa dal, sauté until dals are golden brown.
3. Add chopped onions, minced ginger, green chilli, curry leaves and tomatoes to the pan, sauté for few mins.
4. Now add 3/4 cup water to the pan, add required salt and bring to boil.
5. Next add the Kadalai maavu mixture to the boiling gravy, stir well continuously, until chutney is blended well.
6. Reduce heat and cook chutney for 5 mins, stirring occasionally.
7. When chutney is cooked and slightly thickened, add coriander leaves and stir well.
Serve hot with